Welcome to the Mendocino County Fire Preparedness and Water Security Toolkit Webpage!
This page contains resources, web links and lists of current events in our area related to fire adaptation and water storage and conservation.
Fire Preparedness Resources
- Homeowner’s Checklist – English and Spanish
- Ready, Set, Go! Pamphlets –
- Outdoor Burning – English and Spanish
- Mendocino County Air Quality Management District’s Burn Program Outline
- Fuels Reduction EQIP fact sheet forestland_2016_RCPP
- Reflect to Protect_Address Signs_Info
- Reflect to Protect_Order
- Home Hardening
- Cannabis BMP Guide 2018_final
- Slow-it-Spread-it-Sink-it-Store-it Booklet
- Slow it, Spread it, Sink it, Store it Brochure- English
- Slow it, Spread it, Sink it, Store it Brochure-Spanish
- Water Stewardship Guide Booklet_Sanctuary Forest
- Land Stewardship Guide Booklet_Sanctuary Forest
The Mendocino County Fire Safe Council (http://firesafemendocino.org) has a wealth of information on fire preparedness and post-fire resources. Browse their website and the Mendocino County Community Wildfire Preparedness Plan for general and county specific information.
- Ready for Wildfire – http://www.readyforwildfire.org
- UC Cooperative Extension’s Homeowner’s Wildfire Mitigation Guide – http://ucanr.edu/sites/Wildfire/
- Home and Landscape Wildfire Defense: Lessons Learned from 2017 Wildfires Webinar
- California’s Fire Safe Regulations – http://www.fire.ca.gov/fire_prevention/downloads/Title_14.pdf
- Occidental Arts & Ecology Center’s Water Institute – https://oaec.org/our-work/projects-and-partnerships/water-institute/publications/