Our Forest Health and Resiliency Program’s mission is to promote sustainable forestry and land stewardship through active management for both climate change and fire resiliency on public and private land. We’re hiring for a senior program manager position responsible for leading the MCRCD Forest Health and Resiliency Program and developing and executing forestry contracts in alignment with our mission and strategic plan.
The ideal candidate will:
- Lead and grow the Forest Health and Resiliency Program consistent with the MCRCD Strategic Plan.
- Work closely with a Forestry Technician and partners to execute ongoing projects.
- Work with the Executive Director to influence direction, overcome challenges, mitigate impacts of climate change, and secure funding for the District’s forestry program.
- Honor Indigenous People’s connection to the land.
- Encourage and support the commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion of all aspects of work and community.
- Perform forestry field work throughout Mendocino County.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with community stakeholders, organizations, and resource agencies, and to represent the District at public events, meetings, and functions. Key partners include USDA’s Natural Resource Conservation District (NRCS), the U.S. Forest Service (USFS), California Forestry and Fire Protection (CALFIRE), and the Mendocino County Fire Safe Council (MCFSC).
Interested? Please visit the full job listing and apply here.