The District is governed by five volunteer Directors, who are appointed by the Board of Supervisors in lieu of election. Serving on the Board of Directors offers a unique opportunity to:
- Help shape and fulfill MCRCD’s mission and vision,
- Advise, govern, oversee policy and direction of the MCRCD,
- Meet and network with community leaders and like-minded individuals,
- Support one of the oldest environmental entities in the county with a proven track record of positive environmental work, and
- Help our county to meet coming environmental challenges.
Information about MCRCD Board responsibilities can be found here. Interested candidates are encouraged to attend at least one Board meeting prior to applying and can download and fill out our MCRCD Board Application (PDF).
Associate Directors do not vote, but otherwise participate in policy discussions on the same basis as Directors. In addition, Associate Directors are given priority consideration for promotion to Director when openings occur. No formal application is required. Just attend a Board meeting and introduce yourself.