Mosses & Lichens
All of these mosses and lichens photographed were found in our Little Lake Valley! And there are many more! Keep a look out for them in your surroundings, and you will see they are everywhere! See this weeks’ blog for more photos and a writeup on the many neat observations and insights of our Project Interpreter Marisela De Santa Anna.
- Lichen is a combination of a fungi and an algae.
- Mosses evolved from algae.
- Lichens & mosses are a great indicator of air quality.
- Moss leaves are only one cell thick.
- Lichens are used today in toothpastes, deodorants, salves and other products and are researched for their antibiotic properties.