Welcome to the Mendocino County Drought and Water Conservation Resources Webpage! This page contains resources, web links and lists of current events in our area related to drought adaptation and water conservation. The page is a work in progress and will change as the drought conditions change. We need your help in keeping it current! Please send information and announcements to the site administrator at email@example.com. To receive periodic notifications about grants, workshops, and more, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to join our newsletter list.
- Stormwater Design Workshop for Engineering and Design Firms, May 11 10 am to 4 pm, Mendocino College Willits Center, FREE!
Learn about construction issues with implementing stormwater designs, local examples of stormwater successes & failures, maintenance concerns, practical stormwater compliance, stormwater funding options and more! To register, email Joe at email@example.com. Co-sponsored by the MCRCD and Mendocino College.
Drought and Water News
- New Rules For Reporting Water Diversion Issued By State: The State Water Resources Control Board adopted new regulations on January 19, 2016 that require anyone who diverts water from rivers and streams to measure and report how much they use annually. The regulations apply to thousands of holders of water rights across the state, from farmers to water agencies. More information can be found at http://www.waterboards.ca.gov/waterrights/water_issues/programs/measurement_regulation/.
The State Water Resources Control Board has developed a Drought Year Water Actions (http://www.waterboards.ca.gov/waterrights/water_issues/programs/drought/index.shtml) webpage to inform water users about the actions taken by the State Water Board with regard to the drought. They have also established a Drought Year Hotline at (916) 341-5342.
The California Department of Food and Agriculture has developed a drought resources web page (link http://www.cdfa.ca.gov/drought/) which is intended to be a central location for information about the drought in California and assistance programs available to farmers, ranchers and farmworkers. The web site is also available in Spanish (link http://www.cdfa.ca.gov/drought/index-esp.html).
Water Wise Water Conservation Resources
- Indoor Water Conservation Tips
- EPA fixture standards
- How to read your water meter
- Leak Detection Guide
- Toilet Measurement Graphic
- Home Water Use Assessment Form
- MCRCD Indoor Water Conservation Powerpoint
- Hidden Water Use: http://environment.nationalgeographic.com/environment/freshwater/embedded-water/ and National_Geographic_Hidden_Water
- Assessing Home Water Usage: www.h2ouse.org
- MCRCD Mendocino County Graywater information
- Drought Landscaping Power Point
- Emergency Water Tank Storage Registration Program
- Mendocino College Agriculture Department
- Wyatt Irrigation Supply
- Village Ecosystems
- Friedman Bros.
- Harvesting Rainwater
- Landscape Irrigation Evaluation
- Deep Root Watering Systems Illustration
Water Wise Radio Program Series
- Drought Landscaping and Drip Irrigation
- Installing and Maintaining Greywater Systems
- In-Home Water Conservation
- Rainwater Harvesting
Resources for Ag Producers:
- Agricultural Water Stewardship for Drought Preparedness
- Farm Water Stewardship Fact Sheet
- Mendocino County Approved Water Haulers
- List of Resources for Drought Problems
- Mendo/Lake Farm Service Agency 2014 Drought Relief Info
- UCD Research: How Will Farmers Respond to Drought
- USDA-Emergency Drought Assistance
- County of Mendocino Drought Page http://www.co.mendocino.ca.us/administration/drought/tips-and-resources.htm
- Mendocino County Russian River Flood Control and Water Conservation Improvement District’s Lake Mendocino Updates http://rrfc.net/Water%20Supply
- NOAA National Weather Service Forecast Office, CA Drought Page http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/wrh/droughtca.php?wfo=eka
- The California Department of Food and Agriculture Drought Page http://www.cdfa.ca.gov/drought/